American students tried to cook pasta without water and cause a fire

A group of three American exchange students in Florence caused a fire when they decided to cook pasta but forgot one essential ingredient - water.

According to local reports, the incident took place in Florence when three 20-year-olds decided to try their hands at cooking the typical Italian dish. The women reportedly bought a pack of pasta, put it in a pot without water and lit the stove. The pasta burst into flames within minutes, forcing them to call firemen for help.

"We put the pasta on the fire without the water, we thought it was cooked like that," they said. The firemen reportedly told the students that they didn't know how to cook pasta either.

Florentine chef Fabio Picchi has now offered the three students cooking lessons for free. "I think this can be useful to them, but also to us," said Picchi.